Mutant tomato etc.

One of my biggest disappointments in my vegetable garden was that my long anticipated mutant tomato turned out to be rotten. The flower garden has been floundering for a while in this summer heat that I've just decided to pretty much give it up to the basic law of nature: survival of the fittest. Unfortunately, a lot of my flowering plants are not the fittest. Gloomy post for a gloomy day even though I do like the rain.

My other big concern is that the tomato plants, potato plants, green beans and cucumbers are succumbing to blight or some other fungal disease. I'm spraying with baking soda and neem oil but I think I really need to just go in there and cut off any and everything that looks sick. I've been holding off to let the tomatoes ripen but I might just have to man up to that loss. Eh, I'll give it a few more days.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.