Let's play the can you name the seedling game!
A) Basil
B) Cilantro
C) Parsley
D) Chamomile
E) A weed
Lavender: I don't think it's grown since I planted it. I'm worried about it not getting enough sun because it's further down the herb spiral. So far, it's still thriving.
From the top: Rosemary, oregano, chives... still alive.
Chocolate mint also still doing okay.
Another view of the herb spiral and behind it, the raspberry bushes. They should start fruiting soon but I will probably be in Malaysia when they ripen :( Hope Ryan and the birds will enjoy them.
Left front of the house is getting really crowded. The daylilies from last year have really taken off and need to be moved. But I'm not sure where and when.
Nasturtium in the apple crate. Interesting how the sizes vary so much when they were all seeded on the same day.
Left veggie bed: Carrots stealing the show. And the first showing of my crazy trellis for edamame and cucumbers.
Middle veggie bed: Sweet pea super late; we'll see how well they do when the summer heat hits. Also coming up are the corn seedlings. And you can see the four sticks of a teepee trellis in the corner. It might have to go when the corn gets bigger, we'll see.
Right veggie bed: Phacelia, Sunflower, lettuces and one tomato. I think I also spotted the watermelon seedling poking through but I'll get a picture of that when I'm sure.
Cosmos coming along nicely and the three hen and chicks.
One lone sweet pea in the mulch along the stairs.
Stray dill from last year. I'm leaving this in since it's better than the grass that's coming through the mulch elsewhere.
Fresh mulch (actually they were leftover mulch from last year) spread around the plants in the second tier. Geranium and dianthus are flowering!
Mulched around the apricot tree too. I learned just last week that the tree that was in the spot had died of black rot fungus and this fungus affects the Prunus family, which the apricot is definitely a part of. I have to be extra vigilant about getting rid of any branch that gets infected. Also, flowering: lavender and thyme. Pineapple sage and tarragon are doing pretty well too.
Monarda and strawberries.
Close up of what I thought was baptisia but I'm pretty sure that's not it anymore.
Dianthus arctic fire. Okay, maybe I did chose it for it's name but these guys sure are pretty.
And last but not least, first harvest: strawberries! Love macro shots that nobody can tell how big these are ;)
Happy May Day everyone!






















0 comments:
Post a Comment