Progress Report #1

in photos:
Bubs after a hard day's work putting the raised beds together.

Valentine's Day present from Ryan with the price tag still on :p

A slightly different angle.

Basil is at the back and cilantro in front.

And here are the raised beds made from wooden pallets. I'm super excited and proud about them. It took 4 trips to collect 6 wooden pallets of which I only used 3 for this project. Potential uses for the other 3 pallets include: picnic table, platform for firewood, platform for hay, compost bin and bunny/guinea pig run. Hmm... I might need more pallets

Close up of one of the 4x4 beds. I made two 4x4s and one 3x3 although they are a couple of inches short of the full length. Taking the pallet apart was the hardest part. I didn't really have to cut much except for the corner pieces that hold two boards per side. Those were cut 5-6 inches long from the remaining boards.

Potatoes! Boil'em, mash'em, stick'em in a stew! (LOTR, the movie) The two in the middle are halves of the adirondack blue and the ones at the end are kennebec. I started chitting  (look at me, I'm all smart!) them on Thursday night (3-8-12).

In the blue tub are leek seedlings and the two seedlings in the sour cream container are eggplants. I'm going to have to pick one of the two soon :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.