Yesterday, I set up the frame for my climbing plants using branches from around my neighborhood. I stuck them as deep into the ground as possible and then anchored them to the raised beds using U-shaped thingies and too-long screws. Pictures to come later as I have been lazy about taking my phone out to snap them.
But while I was putting the frame together, two of my neighbors came over to check out what I was doing. I explained about the raised bed concept and square-foot gardening and they complemented how neat everything was. Yay! That's what I'm trying to do... to look less like the crazy person that I am attempting this gardening feat. Hopefully, things grow and there won't be too many diseases and pest problems so that I will be able to share the fruits of my labor with them.
Next up: Planting a tree and some small plants.



0 comments:
Post a Comment