Everyone, please welcome the new additions to Audrey's garden.
Solomon's seals:
You can see the difference between where I watered and where I didn't. It's been hot and dry and getting more so. It was a lot more difficult to dig then back when I planted in the spring. So, praying really hard that they do okay along with the other plants that I ordered from Bluestone Perennial that still need to go into the ground. Also, pray for more rain and cool weather.
And now, ladies and gentlemen, my two-system-compost bin!
Made from wooden pallets that my friend, Matt Black, very kindly dropped off at the top of our driveway. The pallets are attached by wood screws. Assembling the bins was the easy part but transferring the compost was tedious. But two things made it better: It was pretty cool that I couldn't see the veggie scraps that I threw in a while ago. That and seeing the pile in the dog pen grow smaller and smaller until...
all gone! Well, almost all gone, but good enough.









0 comments:
Post a Comment