While trying to sort through these photos, I found that a not insignificant number of them fell into both categories and that the unsucesses (since they're not quite failures yet) were much fewer than the successes (Yay!). I am so psyched for what this summer will yield.
Successes
 |
| Even though I've been harvesting the lettuces and spinach, there's something extremely satisfying about pulling carrots out of the soil and finding these. (Also, Bonnie ate the tops) |
 |
| Onions. An example of successes and unsuccesses, most of the onions look healthy but there are empty spots for the onions that didn't make it. Today, I seeded those spots with leek. |
 |
| Sweet peas are doing well but not quite growing upward but outward. Still definitely a success. |
 |
| Marigold. 75% success rate in this square. Incidentally, I've used up all the seeds in the packet and there will definitely be one empty spot. |
 |
| See the two little tomato globes? See? See? |
 |
| Not sure how this got into this group because I had to install the cage upside down to actually be able to pull some of the branches through and still ended up clipping off a lot of the plant. It was doing really well. I hope it survived my man-handling :( |
 |
| My best borage. |
 |
| Borage. Some holes but still going strong. |
 |
| Ah! So many plants. My favorite is the green beans spiraling up the trellis. Followed closely by the super healthy borage. I was a little worried about the cucumbers being shaded out but they seem to be holding their own okay. Jia you! |
 |
| And the winner is green bean number 8! It's reached all the way to the top and starting to grow sideways. |
 |
| More sweet pea going crazy. |
 |
| Sweet alyssum. |
 |
| More sweet alyssum and blooming too. |
 |
| Healthy morning glory! Later, you'll see one that has been quite chewed up. |
 |
| Dill, 75% again. |
 |
| Lettuces, you guys are awesome. These are definitely the plants that keep giving. |
 |
| Spinach to the left. 50% success, okay 25% right now but the little guy in front will start producing soon. |
 |
| The lobelias have been blooming for at least a month now. The moonflower and morning glory are still alive but growing kinda slow. |
 |
| The new pine mulch and re-cardboard-/mulching was a good idea. Definitely makes the front yard look better. |
 |
| Geraniums, doing okay. I really need to do a better job weeding. |
 |
| You can't see this but the sweet potatoes have roots already and I got them one week ago. |
 |
| Potatoes! Not sure if you can make out the flowers but they are there. Really. I promise. |
 |
| Super excited about the raspberries too! I hope the birds don't get to the ripe ones first. I wonder if I should wrap them in a net or something. |
 |
| Go raspberries! |
 |
| One day I hope to do a thyme lapse where this little guy grows and covers that whole patch of gravel. |
 |
| Pineapple sage. Look at those pretty flowers. |
 |
| Tarragon. Enough said. |
 |
| Strawberries! I know I was supposed to not let them set fruit the first year, but I couldn't help it (okay, mainly because I was too lazy to check regularly enough). Oh well, they seem to be doing alright. |
Unsuccesses
 |
| I planted my jalapeno pepper plant too early and I think it's gonna be forever stunted. |
 |
| Found a bunch of little green worms/caterpillars on my kale. By the time I got up enough courage to remove them, there was really only one big one left and two tiny ones. I dropped them in the iris bed, hope that's okay. |
 |
| Attempt to put the tomato cage over the the already full-grown tomato plant ended with at least half the plant being cut off :( Please survive Mr. Stripey. |
 |
| Bell pepper plant doing slightly better than the jalapeno but not that great either. |
 |
| Poor little chewed up morning glory. |
All in all, not too bad for a first time garden enthusiast.
0 comments:
Post a Comment