Can You Imagine Audrey in a Pick-up Truck?

I can't. But this week has made me want one. My first stop was at Market Square about a week ago in response to a Craigslist ad about free wooden pallets. All the pallets were 4 by 4s and would not fit into my Mazda Protege so I drove home empty-handed (or empty trunk).

My next stop for free pallets was at SouthernStates and they gave me one 3 by 4 thing that was not in very good shape. But at least it fit!

Then I stopped by the Habitat Store who also posted about free pallets and they had two 3 by 4s and I managed to squeeze both in by putting the seats down, one through the trunk and the other upright on the floor of the backseat.

The problem with the 3x4s is that each plank is not as wide as the 4x4s, which would mean that I would have to get creative in making my bed the right height. So at each of those stops, I think to myself, 'Man! This would be so much easier if I had a pick up truck and I could get as many pallets as I want instead of just one... or two' And that brings me to my next point which is that I would really like to get maybe another 3 or 4 more pallets to make a compost bin and to use as a platform to put hay for the guinea pig and bunny that we will eventually have.

But at least wooden pallets are in abundant supply and I have sources that are willing to give them away. So slow and steady, Audrey. No need for gas guzzling pick-up trucks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.